About Me

My photo
About me....I graduated from the University of South Alabama in 2005 with a bachelor degree in Elementary Education. I taught third grade for two and a half years and then resigned for a year. I am now back teaching sixth grade science here in Mobile, Alabama. I have always had a passion for teaching. I have come to realize that my students motivate me to become an even better teacher. I am always learning new things and ideas.

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Gary Hayes Social Media Count

Our technology world is moving right along. These facts prove that our world, (for the most part), is keeping up with technology. If we don’t learn ways to learn and teach with our students, their future will be effected. Technology is always going to improve. We need to make sure we are improving with it. I think of how many times I send text messages and how much time I spend on the Internet. As I sit and write this blog entry, there are millions on the computer as well. It is hard to grasp all of these concepts. Technology is expanding each and every day.

What does this mean for my professional career? This just proves that we as teachers need to stay current with today’s technologies. We may not learn about every new idea that has been introduced, but we should always be learning. No matter what the challenge, we as teacher need to be models to our students. If we learn and share our findings with our students, they will not only pass their findings along, but they too will learn and grow with each new concept that comes their way. Technology is always changing. We need to move forward and learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment