About Me

My photo
About me....I graduated from the University of South Alabama in 2005 with a bachelor degree in Elementary Education. I taught third grade for two and a half years and then resigned for a year. I am now back teaching sixth grade science here in Mobile, Alabama. I have always had a passion for teaching. I have come to realize that my students motivate me to become an even better teacher. I am always learning new things and ideas.

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Michael Wesch: A Vision of Students Today

What a video! I was really impressed with this video. All of the facts that students had about their daily lives in a college class were true. I know that in my college career, I had a few classes that I did not attend regularly. I graduated with my bachelor’s degree in 2005. As I watched this video I tried to think back of all of the classes I took and all of the information I learned. The truth is, that over half of the information I learned in my college courses is now forgotten. I know that I found everything and anything else to do rather than school work. Did I pay attention in every class all the time? No. Did I fail and make bad grades? No. The truth is that there are many other technologies today than there used to be.

Classes in college are sometimes so big that the teachers don’t ever know each student. The teachers only know names. Students go to school every day in Elementary School, Middle School, High School, and now college because that is what they are told is the right thing to do. It becomes a drilled routine. There are new technologies these days that students are more interested in than a chalkboard and lectures. If I could add to this video, I would include the thoughts of the college teachers. What do the teachers think about today and how students are learning?

1 comment:

  1. Good job Tiffany. I enjoyed reading your post. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete