About Me

My photo
About me....I graduated from the University of South Alabama in 2005 with a bachelor degree in Elementary Education. I taught third grade for two and a half years and then resigned for a year. I am now back teaching sixth grade science here in Mobile, Alabama. I have always had a passion for teaching. I have come to realize that my students motivate me to become an even better teacher. I am always learning new things and ideas.

Friday, January 15, 2010

Harness Your Students' Digital Smarts

Vicki Davis is a teacher in a rural town in Georgia. Ms. Davis has opened the eyes of her students by using the most updated technology. The students in her class learn different technology each day. In this video, Vicki Davis states that teachers don’t necessarily need to know the material they teach before they teach it. The students in her class teach her more than she knew about different programs in her class. This video is very uplifting and positive when it comes to technology. Students learn in all different ways. Pencil and paper is not always the way to go. Teachers should be open to new ideas and not just stay in their ways. Things have changed a lot since when I was in college 5 years ago. I took this class in 2005. This class in itself has change immensely and has improved in technology. I see the changes are a positive thing and will teach me a lot of new programs and ideas for my classroom.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent work Tiffany. Do not forget that I am looking for two good paragraphs per post (6-8 sentences). Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete