About Me

My photo
About me....I graduated from the University of South Alabama in 2005 with a bachelor degree in Elementary Education. I taught third grade for two and a half years and then resigned for a year. I am now back teaching sixth grade science here in Mobile, Alabama. I have always had a passion for teaching. I have come to realize that my students motivate me to become an even better teacher. I am always learning new things and ideas.

Saturday, January 30, 2010

They Are First Graders! Are You Ready? (Media Literacy)

This video is about students in a first grade class that are learning a lot of new things. There is a girl in this video that distinguishes the differences between a fiction book and a non-fiction book. She explains in detail the differences of each. This video also shows a young girl showing you how to follow the steps to finding her blog. She knew every step to take. Also, a young boy explained the importance of blog comments. He stated that you are to only leave positive comments on people’s blogs. He understood the importance of being helpful while commenting on other people’s blogs. This is a first grade class!! I just learned how to blog recently!

I think back to when I was in first grade. I remember learning to read and write, but I do not remember using computers. I think it’s great that these students have to the opportunity to learn these new technologies. I wish every school had enough computers in each classroom for students to be able to explore new innovations. Mrs. Cassidy as a teacher has provided a positive and creative atmosphere for these students. I know these students will be able to accomplish so much more as they continue in school. These kids were great!

No comments:

Post a Comment