About Me

My photo
About me....I graduated from the University of South Alabama in 2005 with a bachelor degree in Elementary Education. I taught third grade for two and a half years and then resigned for a year. I am now back teaching sixth grade science here in Mobile, Alabama. I have always had a passion for teaching. I have come to realize that my students motivate me to become an even better teacher. I am always learning new things and ideas.

Saturday, January 30, 2010

They Are First Graders! Are You Ready? (Little Kids…Big Potential)

This video is about a first grade class that blogs on a daily basis and uses new technologies in their every day class. The teacher, Kathy Cassidy, shows how her students blog, use their websites, use Wiki, and shows how they use Skype. These students know how to create videos as well. The students in this video are very uplifting. When they talk about their blogs or videos they seem very confident. I think it’s great that these students are able to learn these technologies and programs at such an early age.

This video made me think a lot about the students of tomorrow. How are the teachers going to keep up with the fast growing technologies? Will we as teachers be able to introduce or explain all of these new innovations? I know for myself that I am just now learning some of these programs. I am open to learning, but these first graders seem to know more than I do. Technologies are improving daily. Although these new technologies are not the only way to learn, they are helping students read and write. These students were able to see their spelling mistakes on their blogs and correct them on their own. Again, this video was very inspiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment