About Me

My photo
About me....I graduated from the University of South Alabama in 2005 with a bachelor degree in Elementary Education. I taught third grade for two and a half years and then resigned for a year. I am now back teaching sixth grade science here in Mobile, Alabama. I have always had a passion for teaching. I have come to realize that my students motivate me to become an even better teacher. I am always learning new things and ideas.

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

ACCESS (Alabama Connecting Classroom, Educators and Students Statewide) program


ACCESS is program designed to “create equity through additional educational offerings for all Alabama public high school students.” This program provides advanced courses to all high school students in the state of Alabama. ACCESS allows students to take courses that may not be available at their high school. This program allows students to receive advanced diplomas and take courses that was never possible until now. It doesn’t matter where the students are, if they are in the state of Alabama, this program is designed to help students achieve their goals more easily. With ACCESS students use video conferencing, emails, and real-time chat sessions to complete these courses. ACCESS has opened students to another world. The state of Alabama created ACCESS to help expand access to students, no matter where they may be, to accomplish their school goals.

ACCESS is a very helpful and creative idea. I think that students would find this very helpful and useful. The more and more parents, students, and faculty that are opened to this program, the more the students will benefit. This program was started November 1, 2004. From then on, ACCESS has progressed and improved to help students achieve their goals. So far, when teachers, administration, parents, and students are introduced to this program, they are all open to this program. Students can only benefit from these new technologies. Not only are students furthering their education, but they are also finding out and using new technologies to do this. With the help of online teachers and courses, the sky is the limit for our 21st classroom students!!

1 comment:

  1. I agree with what you had to say about ACCESS it will be a great program. And once the parents more the program could start growing at a quicker pace. Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete