About Me

My photo
About me....I graduated from the University of South Alabama in 2005 with a bachelor degree in Elementary Education. I taught third grade for two and a half years and then resigned for a year. I am now back teaching sixth grade science here in Mobile, Alabama. I have always had a passion for teaching. I have come to realize that my students motivate me to become an even better teacher. I am always learning new things and ideas.

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

ALEX (Alabama Learning Exchange)


ALEX is a project created by the Alabama Department of Education. This program was designed to share all types of educational materials and information through a single website. With this website teachers are able to view the Alabama Course of Study at a touch of a button. It leads you directly to the grade level and subject area you are looking for. This is much more convenient than having to find it through Google or the Mobile County Public website. ALEX also has a link to lesson plans. You can also look up lesson plans for a certain grade level and subject area. These lesson plans have been approved to correlate to the ALCOS. Teachers in our same area and under the same Course of Study have uploaded and shared their lesson plans for other teachers. Next, this website also has a “Teacher Zone”. With this link, teachers are able to view technology tips for their classroom. This can be very helpful, especially to the teachers that are beginning to learn about the new technologies. There is a “Web Resources” link on ALEX that also has correlated web links for teachers to use in their classrooms and lessons.

ALEX has a link called “Podcast Treasury”. I really thought this was interesting. What a great idea. This link has different podcasts that students may enjoy. Teachers can view and listen to these podcasts and use them in their lessons as well. Overall, ALEX is a great site for local and state wide teachers and educators to use. It has all of the needed information all in one. I really liked the web links that this site has. The web sites include interactive sites, live web cams, and really fun examples. Teachers can look up professional development and read material that may answer questions they may have. I think teachers should all know about this site and have it bookmarked if possible. I will be able to share this with the teachers and faculty at my school in case they are not aware of it.

1 comment:

  1. Good job Tiffany. Keep up the good work. Glad to see the graphics and weblinks.

    ReplyDelete