About Me

My photo
About me....I graduated from the University of South Alabama in 2005 with a bachelor degree in Elementary Education. I taught third grade for two and a half years and then resigned for a year. I am now back teaching sixth grade science here in Mobile, Alabama. I have always had a passion for teaching. I have come to realize that my students motivate me to become an even better teacher. I am always learning new things and ideas.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Comments4teachers Alan Stange

My first comment March 24, 2010:

Hello Mr. Stange. My name is Tiffany Lindell Karamovic. I am taking a college class entitled EDM310 for Dr. Strange at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, AL. One of my assignments was to visit your blog. I will be following your blog and keeping up with your ideas. I am glad he assigned me to your blog. I read your post and was very interested. The class that I am taking is actually about technology in education. I am a sixth grade teacher her in Mobile. Technology is our future. Teachers direct class and students use pencil and paper to regurgitate what they have learned. I can see how students in this time and age would get bored with that, day in and day out. I really enjoyed watching this clip. It opens many different thoughts and ideas about technology in education. If teachers were told to use cellphones to teach at my school, they would probably laugh at the idea. I know that sounds rough, but it's the truth. We need to reach our students and like you said, challenge them to think and learn in unfamiliar ways. I wanted to share with you our class blog. Also, here is my blog.




My second comment March 29, 2010:

Mr. Stange,
Very interesting concept. Thank you for sharing. This is an interesting way to think of grades ~ "school’s drug of choice – grades!" I know as a teacher, I am required to keep so many grades per week and quarter. This humor was insightful. I enjoyed watching the ideas from Joe Bower on how to use other tactics rather than grades. Student-self assessments are a very good idea as well as teacher assessments. Thank you for sharing these ideas with us.

This blog that I was assigned to is "A PrairieSouth Staff Sites weblog; here you will find random thoughts on public education in Southern Saskatchewan, particularly the impact of technology on fostering learning."

Take a look!

No comments:

Post a Comment