About Me

My photo
About me....I graduated from the University of South Alabama in 2005 with a bachelor degree in Elementary Education. I taught third grade for two and a half years and then resigned for a year. I am now back teaching sixth grade science here in Mobile, Alabama. I have always had a passion for teaching. I have come to realize that my students motivate me to become an even better teacher. I am always learning new things and ideas.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Morgan Bayda



What an intriguing teacher. I have really enjoyed reading about Morgan Bayda’s thoughts and ideas. Ms. Bayda grew up in Regina, Saskatchewan. I read about how much she enjoys extracurricular activities. Ms. Bayda enjoys basketball (which my husband loves), piano, and outdoor activities. I also like to do extracurricular activities. I like to run, dance, and do anything outside really. Ms. Bayda, in general, loves kids. She stated, “There is almost nothing more beautiful than a child who has just made a brand new discovery about their world!” I love this comment. I truly love to teach. I am anxious and willing to learn new things. I think that all teachers should be open to new ideas and new technologies that may be open to them. Classrooms are still the same, teachers are still the same, but life in general is changing. These kids are growing up in such a different and new world. It’s exciting, but we as future educators need to be excited as well.

Ms. Bayda explains that she has a respect for students. It is always nice to hear a teacher say such positive things. Some teachers that I talk to each day at work are negative about their job and their students. Now there will be days that are rough and the students may be challenging, but teachers still need to stay positive. Ms. Bayda states that she is taking or has taken an Ed computer class. With this class she has learned all about PLN’s, Twitter, Wiki's, and other useful resources. Since I am also taking a class that is very similar, I can compare my experiences. Before I took this class, I didn’t even know about some of the helpful sites and technologies that I know about now. I know that with EDM310, I will be able to use these resources in my future classrooms. It makes me excited to think about the future and to learn more and more each day.

2 comments:

  1. Great Post Tiffany!
    I also enjoyed Morgan's post and thought she had a lot to say about higher institutional learning. I am glad you keep a positive attitude while teaching. I know your students appreciate it as well. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good post! i agree that it was nice to see that Ms. Bayda does have such a respect for her students and also is working hard to understand and learn the new technologies out there to help her and her students.

    ReplyDelete