About Me

My photo
About me....I graduated from the University of South Alabama in 2005 with a bachelor degree in Elementary Education. I taught third grade for two and a half years and then resigned for a year. I am now back teaching sixth grade science here in Mobile, Alabama. I have always had a passion for teaching. I have come to realize that my students motivate me to become an even better teacher. I am always learning new things and ideas.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

2nd Post on my PLN


My PLN.... Well I can say that I have had fun creating my PLN. My PLN started with a few websites on Delicious and meeting a few teachers through EDM310. I am now adding more and more sights to my PLN such as Mrs. Rose's Kindergarten class Blog and great sites for using the Smartboard.

I now follow Mrs. Kelly Hines on Twitter and she is always posting tweets. Not only have I explored many new educational sites and blogs, but I have also spoke to other teachers at my school about technology in the classroom. Most teachers that I have come across feel the same as I about technology. The local teachers in my PLN are not able to use technology like the other teachers I have come across in other areas around the world. Mobile Public Schools are limited when it comes to computers in the classroom.

Overall, I am now starting to use ALEX in the classroom. It allows me to look up lessons and interesting sites to use in the class. Thanks to Dr. Strange I am able to continue learning about PLNs and enlarge my own Personal Learning Network.

No comments:

Post a Comment