About Me

My photo
About me....I graduated from the University of South Alabama in 2005 with a bachelor degree in Elementary Education. I taught third grade for two and a half years and then resigned for a year. I am now back teaching sixth grade science here in Mobile, Alabama. I have always had a passion for teaching. I have come to realize that my students motivate me to become an even better teacher. I am always learning new things and ideas.

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

April 18th Blog Post

Do teachers need to be technologically literate? Do teachers need to know about the Internet? Do teachers need to teach their students about the Internet? Watch this video and tell me what you think.



What an interesting video. This child is right. Are we going to be teachers that don't even know the Internet? I have said it before and I will say it again. Just like the Zax video we just watched. Time is changing. Schools have still seemed to stay the same. Teachers need to be learning more and more. We should not stop our education after college. I think teachers should all take EDM310 and learn all of these new technologies that I have learned. I graduated college in 2005 and I had already taken EDM310. Boy have things changed. I am taking this class to renew my teacher's certificate, but I really have benefited from this class. This class has changed for the better. I have learned many programs that I didn't know, I have experienced interactions with other teachers from around the world, and I have found new teacher resources and websites to share with my students. I do think that teachers need to be technology literate. Our students will pass us up when it comes to technology. We should be teaching them about the Internet and sharing their thoughts and ideas with the world. What do you think about this? Are you ready to incorporate technology in your classroom?

2 comments:

  1. WOW! THis video was very powerful, yet a little scary. I fear for the teachers and students who do not receive the education to further their technological journey to learning. We are selling a lot of people short on that deal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Wow! We do have a lot in common!! This is my 17 year of dancing and my second year teaching dance at Kimberleigh's School of Dance. I loved it. I wanted to try out for the dance team but I was afraid there may be a weight issues. Dance has been my life. I do not know a life without dance!! Good to meet you!!
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete