About Me

My photo
About me....I graduated from the University of South Alabama in 2005 with a bachelor degree in Elementary Education. I taught third grade for two and a half years and then resigned for a year. I am now back teaching sixth grade science here in Mobile, Alabama. I have always had a passion for teaching. I have come to realize that my students motivate me to become an even better teacher. I am always learning new things and ideas.

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Why Post Work?

I think it is very important for students to post their work to blogs. Students are able to learn, have an audience, create, smile, get excited, and many more things. Students not only learn how to use blogs but they also learn how to venture out and learn about other people and see what their friends have posted. They can also meet new people and talk to people all over the world. What a great advantage for students. Not all students have this advantage. I found actually many inspiring things that are great examples of why students should post their work to blogs. Check them out!


This video sums it all up!

Here is a kindergarten blog that I found to be very interesting. These students are creative and the teacher posts things about their days. The teacher seems to post most of the articles on this blog, but it is still all about the students!
Mrs. Rose's Kindergarten Friends



Now this is a fun blog. Mrs. Yollis' Classroom Blog!
This video shows the students learning about North America. Mrs. Yollis updates her blog regularly and shares her students' work.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that posting is a great way for students to learn. It is a great place to find PLNs and learn about anything that interests you. Mrs. Rose's Kindergarten Friends is a cute blog.

    ReplyDelete