About Me

My photo
About me....I graduated from the University of South Alabama in 2005 with a bachelor degree in Elementary Education. I taught third grade for two and a half years and then resigned for a year. I am now back teaching sixth grade science here in Mobile, Alabama. I have always had a passion for teaching. I have come to realize that my students motivate me to become an even better teacher. I am always learning new things and ideas.

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Comments4Teachers Jenny She

My Comments4Teachers assignment for these past two weeks was about Jenny She. Jenny's blog was "created to record my experiences ,reflection, learning, sharing and any other things that matter to my career as a teacher." Jenny has this posted on her blog. Also, Jenny is a primary school teacher in Auckland New Zealand.



My first comment April 6, 2010

Hello Ms. She. My name is Tiffany Lindell Karamovic. I am taking a college class entitled EDM310 for Dr. Strange at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, AL. One of my assignments was to visit your blog. I will be following your blog and keeping up with your ideas for the next couple of weeks. I am glad he assigned me to your blog. I read your post and was very interested. The class that I am taking is actually about technology in education. I am also a sixth grade teacher her in Mobile. I have just recently learned how to use imovie and all of it's features. I am still learning. In the class we are taking, Dr. Strange is teaching all sorts of programs and things that will be very helpful to us as educators. I am glad that you have come so far. It seems as though you have done a great job. Come visit our class blog if you get a chance. Click here! My own blog.


My second comment April 12, 2010

Ms. She,

I was glad to see your post. I have used a technique like this in my classroom. We call them "Centers" and not taskboards, but they are very similar. I like that with taskboards the students can actually go and see where they are supposed to be and what they are supposed to be doing. In Centers the students are in certain groups and go do certain things while the teacher completes guided reading with a group. The other students that are not in the guided reading group are assigned to a certain center. Teachers can either create their own center depending on what they are working on that week or month, or they can have a set center such as computers. I also see students getting frustrated when they have to leave a certain center that they have not completed. I will try your technique. I am sure this will work much better and the students will get the full benefit of the center. I will also try the taskboard. That will also help with confusion and questions. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment