About Me

My photo
About me....I graduated from the University of South Alabama in 2005 with a bachelor degree in Elementary Education. I taught third grade for two and a half years and then resigned for a year. I am now back teaching sixth grade science here in Mobile, Alabama. I have always had a passion for teaching. I have come to realize that my students motivate me to become an even better teacher. I am always learning new things and ideas.

Sunday, April 25, 2010

April 25th post

7th grade student's PLE

What a great video. This student obviously knows what she is doing. This is very inspiring. I think it's great that her science class is paperless and has the students working online al the time. They are learning responsibility and so much more. This student uses her PLE for reflections, note taking, creating things, and a lot more. She explains how her PLE and having to work online gives students the sense of responsibility that is really great. I know that I am just starting my PLE. My PLE is not as thorough as hers but I liked the way she has hers all set up in one place. These students are able to do so much. She also creates digital posters that I found to be interesting as well. When she takes notes the system she uses keeps track of where she finds the information. This is great. I have a long way to go to get as organized as her.



2 Questions:

What's my sentence? Well, I really have never thought of that question in that sense. I will have to think of my sentence. This question really makes you think of your purpose as an educator. What is a teacher's purpose? What do we intend on doing for our students? Parents? Once I find out this answer, I will have a better understanding of my days as a teacher.

Was I better today than yesterday? Another great question. I know that I have not thought about this until now. This is a good motivator. We all should be better tomorrow than we are today. I don't think we always are, but we should strive for this. This is a great motivator for us as teachers and for everyone.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you the student was great!!!! I think educators should grade themselves based on how they teach that day or the day before. It allows them to better their style of teaching in the classroom. GOOD POST!!

    ReplyDelete