About Me

My photo
About me....I graduated from the University of South Alabama in 2005 with a bachelor degree in Elementary Education. I taught third grade for two and a half years and then resigned for a year. I am now back teaching sixth grade science here in Mobile, Alabama. I have always had a passion for teaching. I have come to realize that my students motivate me to become an even better teacher. I am always learning new things and ideas.

Sunday, February 7, 2010

The Benefits of Podcasting in the Classroom

I watched this video clip on podcasting in the classroom and thought it was great! The teacher in this video really took time to plan out his lesson using podcasting and even incorporated other teacher’s voices in it. From the teacher’s comments, the students seemed to have enjoyed the lesson. Not only was it visual but it was also audio. Podcasting is a great way for students to use their higher order thinking skills, project based learning, and it promotes creativity. Students can use role play to create a podcast as well. I found that students enjoyed creating a podcast and listening to one as well. It sure beats reading out of a book and answering questions or listening to a lecture and taking notes.

Another point this video showed was that students that are absent or sick could stay current on their work with podcasting. If a student is sick and not able to come to school, podcasting can be very beneficial. Students may feel as though they are getting behind on school work. Instead of not being able to do anything until they get back to school, the student is able to sit and listen to the missed work. If teachers take the time and create a quick podcast on their lessons, students are able to take advantage of this technique and listen to missed work at home. The teacher and the student are saved from a big headache. I would love to incorporate this into my classroom.

2 comments:

  1. I really liked the point the video made to. Podcasting is a good tool. It's a good tool because it allows the students to keep up with the lessons if they are sick. I totally agree!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Job Tiffany. I hope now you have a better understanding of how to create your own podcast in a few weeks. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete