About Me

My photo
About me....I graduated from the University of South Alabama in 2005 with a bachelor degree in Elementary Education. I taught third grade for two and a half years and then resigned for a year. I am now back teaching sixth grade science here in Mobile, Alabama. I have always had a passion for teaching. I have come to realize that my students motivate me to become an even better teacher. I am always learning new things and ideas.

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Dr. Alice Christie's Web Site

Dr. Alice is an Arizona State University President’s Professor Emeritus. She taught in K-12 schools for twenty-five years and recently retired from Arizona State University. Dr. Alice now conducts workshops internationally and nationally promoting technology in education. On Dr. Alice’s website she has a section entitled “Searching the Web”. In this part of her website she lists a number of Search Engines, Research Sites, Search Tools, and links to help use Search Engines effectively. She has a link on her website that brings you to this diagram. Even further, Dr. Alice placed links on this diagram to various online researching resources.

After I clicked on these links and read some of the material, I added her website to my favorites on my computer! Dr. Alice not only has links to very helpful reading material, but she has links to live web cams, simulations, and even web links to reference sites on all subjects. I almost couldn't stop clicking! By looking at her sight and being a teacher myself, I know that almost everyday I am on the web looking for lesson ideas and fun activities for my students. No matter what the objective is, I am sure I will be able to use her website to benefit the students. I really enjoyed looking over her site. I will probably use this sight on a daily basis!!

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you about Dr. Alice Christie's website. Her website has so much helpful information for future educators. She has so many good ideas that will have a positive influence in the classrooms.

    ReplyDelete