About Me

My photo
About me....I graduated from the University of South Alabama in 2005 with a bachelor degree in Elementary Education. I taught third grade for two and a half years and then resigned for a year. I am now back teaching sixth grade science here in Mobile, Alabama. I have always had a passion for teaching. I have come to realize that my students motivate me to become an even better teacher. I am always learning new things and ideas.

Saturday, February 20, 2010

iTunes U

How interesting and helpful is iTunes U! What I did was I went on my iTunes on my MacBook Pro and I clicked on iTunes U. I went to the different universities. The first movie I clicked on was at Auburn University and it was from the college of Education. I watched part of it and the topic was Private Practice for a class. The video was really funny at first. There were two men, Mike and Randy, and it was their first video attempt. They couldn’t stop laughing for a while. The video overall seemed to be full of information on the topic at hand. Here is a link: http://deimos3.apple.com/WebObjects/Core.woa/Browse/auburn.edu.1392433795?i=1679205158
After watching a few of these I went to others. I really like iTunes U. I found all sorts of podcasts and videos from different universities. I was not familiar with iTunes U until this class. I think iTunes U is very helpful to students and teachers.

I know as a student, iTunes U would allow me to stay updated on my classes and be more involved with my class. My professors would also benefit. Once they create a podcast and/or a video clip of their lessons, they have them for future references as well. Out of a few of the other videos and podcasts that I listened to and watched, this one was about the topic at hand. http://deimos3.apple.com/WebObjects/Core.woa/Browse/bama.ua.edu.2897382591?i=1803099860
This video was about podcasting from the University of Alabama. The instructor of this presentation entitled his PowerPoint “Podcasting as Pathway to Engaged Learning”. I watched some of the presentation and the presenter posted his thoughts on podcasting. He states that, “podcasting provides digitally stored audio” for the students. This is a good point. Students are more likely to have either a Smart Phone or iPod. So when it comes to podcasting from universities, students can easily go to iTunes and download needed material. Another great video if you get a second to check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment